15 Unique Things to do With Friends in Lancaster County
Whether you’re visiting for the day or doing an extended stay, check out some of our favorite things to do with friends in Lancaster County. Locals know that this beautiful county is a great place to live, work, and play — join them and see why.
Enjoy Great Food and Things to Do in Lancaster
- Bird-in-Hand Farmer’s Market — This indoor market is nestled in the heart of Amish country. Enjoy a hearty lunch with fresh meats and homemade baked goods, or take home a new family heirloom handcrafted by local Amish artisans.
- Revere Tavern — Since 1740, the Revere Tavern has provided travelers between Lancaster and Philadelphia with a comfortable place to rest and dine. Grab a meal or stay overnight in the adjacent hotel while you’re enjoying the many things to do with friends in Lancaster County.
- Lancaster Central Market — Established in 1730, Lancaster Central Market is the oldest continually operating farmer’s market in the United States. Today, the market is frequented by locals picking up their weekly groceries or enjoy lunch at one of the many foods stands found within.
- Riehl’s Quilts and Crafts — What better place to purchase Amish quilts and handicrafts than on a farm? This store, located on the Riehl family farm, features hand-stitched quilts and other goods made by over 100 local families.
- Cackleberry Farm Antique Mall — Lancaster is renowned for its antiquing, and there’s no better place to start than Cackleberry Farm. Over 100 vendors can be found in this antique wonderland.
- Lil’ Country Store and Miniature Horse Farm — Join owners Henry and Linda Stoltzfus on their farm to get up close with miniature horses, alpacas, and goats.
- Buck Motorsports Park — Known as “The Buck” to locals, this bustling motorsports park hosts monster truck, truck pulling, and demolition derby events from the spring through fall.
- Refreshing Mountain Zip Lines — Visitors seeking an outdoor adventure enjoy zipping through the trees at Refreshing Mountain. This beautiful wooded retreat offers zip lining, obstacle courses, climbing walls, a pool, and other outdoor activities.
- Shenk’s Ferry Wildflower Preserve — This outdoor hiking spot is located along the Susquehanna River and features beautiful wildflower trails that bloom in the spring.
- Taste Lancaster — If there’s one thing Lancaster does right, it’s food! Taste Lancaster’s self-guided walking tours are organized around a culinary theme. Participants can sample multiple dishes from hidden local gems and nationally-recognized restaurants alike.
- Lancaster History and Craft Beer Walk — Take an educational walk through downtown Lancaster City and learn about local history before sampling some of the town’s best brews. Lancaster’s booming brewery culture has historical roots in the area dating back to early German settlers in the 1800s.
- Landis Valley Museum — Learn about Lancaster’s Pennsylvania German roots at this unique living history museum nestled in the heart of the county. Tour the outdoor museum at your own pace and learn about early settlers in Lancaster.
- Wolf Sanctuary of PA — This unique sanctuary is dedicated to rescuing gray wolves and wolfdogs who cannot live in the wild. The sanctuary’s volunteers and staff will guide you on a personalized walking tour to safely view the wolves and learn more about how wolves live at the sanctuary and in the wild.
- Old Windmill Farm — If you’ve ever wondered what it might be like to live on a farm, the Old Windmill Farm family is happy to give you a peek. Visitors to the fully operational farm can take a tour, help to feed the animals, try their hand at making traditional foods, and more.
- US Hot Air Balloon Team Rides — Set sail in a hot air balloon and experience Lancaster from a bird’s eye view. You’ll soar over the beautiful Amish farmland and countryside around Strasburg, Intercourse, and Bird-in-Hand.
See Lancaster on a Scooter
You can also experience the heart of Lancaster County from the comfort of your very own scooter! The Strasburg Scooters Ultimate Amish Adventure tour is the perfect addition to any Lancaster vacation or to add to your list of things to do with friend in Central PA. Over four hours, you’ll view gorgeous scenery, historic covered bridges, and meet some of our Amish friends on their farms. Plus, our local guides are more than happy to share their favorite things to do in Lancaster. Perfect for first-time riders and repeat visitors looking for things to do with friends in Lancaster County, our array of award-winning scooter tours give you the best of Lancaster in a day.